Flood Insurance

Are your home, business and personal possessions protected from flood?
Flooding is responsible for a significant portion of property damage in the United States, but only 38% of people living in a high-risk flood zone have a flood insurance policy. Even if you live in low or moderate risk areas, you aren’t free from the possibility of flooding. 25% of all flood claims are from people who live outside a high-risk zone.

Imagine how expensive it would be to rebuild your home or business and replace your valuable possessions. Losses due to flooding could have a serious effect on your financial well-being. But that’s where Roger W. Dwyer Agency and the National Flood Insurance Program can help.

Check your insurance policies.
Most homeowners, commercial and renters insurance policies don’t cover flood damage. So, you may need a separate flood insurance policy to protect against losses from flooding.

Flood policies, are provided by the federal government, are available through in communities that have joined the National Flood Insurance Program. Purchased separately from your homeowners, commercial or renters insurance policies, a flood policy can help complete insurance protection for your property.

What does a flood insurance policy cover?
A flood insurance policy covers damages to your home, business or personal property caused by:

  • the overflow of inland or tidal waters;
  • the unusual and rapid accumulation or run off of surface waters from any source; and
  • mudslides that are proximately caused by flooding.

This policy also includes coverage for the following basement items:

  • furnaces
  • air conditioners
  • hot water heaters
  • food freezers
  • clothes washer and dryers
  • unfinished dry walls or sheet rock walls and related fiberglass insulation
  • foundation elements
  • sump pumps
  • heat pumps
  • electrical junction and circuit breaker boxes

An ounce of prevention.
If you have a flood insurance policy for your home or business, you can also receive up to $1,000 to cover the expense of preventative measures against flooding, such as sandbagging.

How much coverage is enough?
The amount of coverage you can purchase under a flood insurance policy varies, depending on your community’s status in the flood program. The Roger W. Dwyer Agency can help you determine the appropriate level of protection.

What about claims?
Claims are handled through the Roger W. Dwyer Agency, so you know that you can depend on experienced claim adjusters being on hand to help you in the event of a disaster. Simply call the Roger W. Dwyer Agency in the event of a flood, and we’ll take it from there.

Claims will be settled on a replacement cost (how much it takes to replace the item) or actual cash value (how much the item was worth at the time) basis up to your policy limits.

Replacement cost coverage only applies to the building coverage and certain qualifications may apply. The property covered by the flood insurance must be your principal residence and you must be living there. Also, you need to have building coverage equal to at least 80% of the cost to replace the building or the maximum coverage available ($250,000).

A deductible (the amount you pay before insurance pays) will apply. Your Allstate agent can help you work out the details.

The Advantages of Roger W. Dwyer Agency

Wind damage often accompanies flood damage. Fortunately, in most states, your homeowners policy covers wind damage. So, if you have an Roger W. Dwyer homeowners policy and a flood policy administered through his Agency, you have the convenience and peace of mind that comes with being better protected and from working with just one claim adjuster and one agent, instead of two or more.

Get a Quick Quote today!