Property – Renters’ Insurance

You’ve worked hard.

You should be proud of what you earned – especially the possessions that make your house a home. With  Renters’ insurance from the Roger W. Dwyer Agency, we can help you protect those hard-earned possessions. And that’s important. Because, for most people, those personal items can add up.

You can get the coverage and quality you deserve.

Do you know how much your possessions are worth? Roger W. Dwyer tries to take the guesswork out of buying renters’ insurance. Once you know the basics, it’s easier to understand your coverage needs and for you to make a selection.

Three important things to understand are:

  • What does your policy cover?
  • What doesn’t your policy cover?
  • What are some options you can choose from to make your policy better fit your needs?

What your policy covers.

While coverages may vary by state and individual qualifications, here’s what a typical Renters’ policy covers from the Roger W. Dwyer Agency:

Your property: For covered losses, this protects your personal property if it’s destroyed or damaged by the following: Fire, lightning, falling objects, smoke, explosion, wind and hail, water damage from plumbing, steam or water heating systems, and vandalism/riots.

Theft: Your personal property is also protected against loss from theft, including: theft on premises (in your home), theft off premises (away from your home), stolen or forged checks, and stolen credit cards/counterfeit money.

Family liability and guest medical expenses: This protects you for covered losses if you’re held legally responsible for damage to someone else’s property, or if a guest is accidentally injured in your home.

Your living expenses: If your apartment is damaged and you are unable to live in it, your Renter’s Insurance policy will help pay additional living expenses incurred due to a covered loss, until your place is habitable, up to the amount of time specified in your policy.

What your policy doesn’t cover.

We want to help make sure you have no surprises. So, here’s an example of something that’s not covered on your policy. But be sure to talk to Roger Dwyer, because for an extra premium, you may be able to purchase additional coverage if needed.

Damage from flood: Most insurance policies do not cover damage from floods. However, Roger W. Dwyer Agency does offer a separate insurance policy specifically for flood damage.

Tailor your policy to fit your needs.

While you typically can’t pick and choose all of the coverages in your policy, there are some options you might want to choose to make your policy better fit your needs.

Personal Property Reimbursement: For an additional premium, you may be able to purchase Personal Property Reimbursement. This means that for a covered loss, if your personal property is destroyed or lost, we will reimburse you the depreciation that may have been applied to your personal property loss when you decide to repair or replace the damaged or lost personal property. (Subject to policy terms and conditions.)

Cover your special items: If you have special things you’d like more coverage for, you might want to consider a “rider”, which for an extra premium, is an addition to your policy that will help cover specified pieces of personal property. Talk to Roger Dwyer about this coverage option.

Questions? We’re always here to help.

Is there something you’re not sure about? Just ask.

Get a Quick Quote today!